Share this page on:
Wish you could be a wine-tasting insider?
You know, taste wine with the winemakers. Maybe a little barrel tasting. Really get to know the wine that’s in your glass. A little less wine country pomp and circumstance and more about the wine and the vineyard from which it comes. How would you like that?
Here’s your chance.
Members of Dan Dawson’s Wine Advisor are welcome to join me at scheduled winery/winemaker tastings at no cost to you.
I often hit the wine road to taste, catch up with friends in the wine business and find new wines to recommend to the wine-world. I got to thinking the other day that my members would really enjoy these tastings, and the more the merrier! What do you think? Care to join me at these tastings? After the calendar is information about how these tastings work.
Road Trip Calendar
Sunday, September 2, 2 PM:
We’ll have a quick vineyard tour then a tasting of Navarro’s delicious and great-value wines (see their site for all the wines they make). Be prepared, you will want to buy at least a case, maybe more!
Tasting is at Navarro: 5601 Hwy 128, Philo, CA 95466
*Since Navarro is 2+ hours drive from Napa, there will be another winery visit either in Anderson Valley or Northern Sonoma County. Ask Dan what else he has in mind.
Past Road Trips
Monday, July 23:
GROUNDED WINE CO.
with Josh Phelps, Owner & Winemaker
Tasting was at Clos Pegase Winery, Dunaweal Lane, Calistoga.
My first tasting of Grounded wines. Read my reviews here. I’ve known Josh peripherally for a few years. Great guy…super hospitable and savvy.
Monday, July 23:
with Winemaker Dan Petroski.
Dan poured us barrel samples of the 2017 Larkmead wines and filled us with knowledge and insight of Larkmead and the 2017 vintage. Dan is a wealth of wine information and has a skill of blending science, art and romance in his wine explanations. This was a perfect example of a unique, priceless DDWA Road Trip.
Tuesday, July 17:
Y ROUSSEAU WINERY
With Yannick Rousseau, Owner & Winemaker
Tasting was at Y Rousseau Winery, 902 Enterprise Way, Suite O, Napa.
Yannick, born and raised in Gascony, France, has mastered two grapes of his homeland: Colombard and Tannat.
Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon are also part of his repertoire. Read my reviews of his wines here.
All his wines are delicious, honest examples of their grape and place.
What you need to know about Road Trip
- To attend, one must me a Member of DDWA and can bring one guest.
Not a member yet? JOIN HERE.
- Please contact me to reserve your spot(s) in the tasting. Space is limited.
- There is no cost to attend.
- The hosting winery and I reserve the right to change the date and/or time of the tasting. Just being honest: things happen sometimes. I don’t expect changes, but super-intimate tastings like this are vulnerable to date changes compared to large-scale events.
- Purchasing wine is not required but the winery and I request that you do consider buying if you like what you taste.
- It’s up to you to get to the tasting venue (usually the winery). I’ll meet you there.
- I want you to have a good time, but no partying!
- Regarding having a good time – I’ve done countless such tastings, and I’ve found those in attendance who are not in the wine business have a great time because a) they learn so much about the wines tasted and wine in general, and b) it’s such a unique experience.